The cold season has arrived here at Avalon so we wanted to share some tried and true ways to help you keep your skin healthy and hydrated this coming winter.
As beautiful as our winters can be here in New England, they can also cause long-term effects on your skin’s natural resources and ability to heal. Follow these easy tips to enhance your skin care regimen during the winter months.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water daily while cutting back on coffee, soda and alcohol.
- Only use mild exfoliating techniques such as loofahs or body sponges.
- Use face and body scrub exfoliates sparingly. Try to avoid alcohol-based products as they eliminate moisture from your skin.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! Invest in all natural moisturizers to help you saturate dehydrated skin.
- Supplement your diet with Vitamin E and collagen capsules. These will help your skin hold moisture and elasticity, resulting in healthier, more hydrated skin.
- Hot water robs your skin of its natural moisture so try to use lukewarm water instead.
- Never scratch or irritate dehydrated or dry skin as it can result in dry spots and skin abrasions.
- Avoid extreme cold or extreme heat as both affect your skin’s ability to repair itself.